2. Information MeMA Collects:
b. When you visit our Website, MeMA automatically collects certain information including information about your interaction with the Website, the actions you take, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with, and the dates and times of your visits.
c. MeMA also collects some anonymous, non-personal information on an aggregate basis about its website visitors. This information is used for statistical purposes and to help MeMA monitor how You navigate our website. Examples of such information include IP address, browser type, and device type.
3. Cookies: Like most websites, when you visit the MeMA Website, we collect certain information using “cookies” and other technologies to better understand how our Users navigate through the Website and to learn what content is being viewed and which Art pieces are being favored. Cookies are small text files that Web servers place on an Internet user’s device. We also may use secure third-party analytics which require cookies for data analytics purposes. Your individual web browser will likely allow you to modify its cookie settings. MeMA is interested in what art pieces you spend more time on as the artists may be rewarded by your behavior that favors their artwork as displayed on the Website.
4. How MeMA Uses Information We Collect from Users
We may use the information that we collect, including your personal information, to:
a. Provide and personalize various features and services of the Website.
b. Monitor and analyze usage trends and preferences to better serve you and to appropriately reward our exhibiting artists;
c. Improve our Website and create new features and functionality;
d. Improve our promotional efforts;
e. Communicate with you, including for administrative, promotional, marketing, and informational purposes, and respond to your requests or inquiries;
f. Help facilitate your transactions and payments; and
6. Your Privacy Rights: Illinois residents may request certain information regarding MeMA’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The Illinois Legislature has adopted or soon will adopt specific mechanisms to safeguard Illinoisans’ privacy, including the Online Privacy Protection Act, the Privacy Rights for Minors in the Digital World Act, and Shine the Light, an Illinois law intended to give Illinoisans access to how we use your personal information. You have the right to full disclosure of your data uses within the confines of our in-house technology matrix.
7. Children: MeMA does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete this information.
8. MeMA Commitment to Data Security. We take reasonable steps to protect the information that we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. To that end, we use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are commonly provided by web-build service providers which are designed to protect the information that MeMA collects. MeMA wishes you to be aware, however, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or other types of misuse.